Five Things for Thursday, October 1st
1. I’ve wanted a Saturn Sky for a long time. I fell in love with the design, which made it look like a smaller version of the Mach V. I saw it for the first time on Project Runway, after Jay won the first season and received it as a prize. I wanted one right after that, but never bought one for 2 reasons: one, my car is paid off and will probably last another 4 years minimum, making the idea of having to make a car payment slightly sickening, and two, after owning a Toyota, I was afraid of getting something that could be a mechanical nightmare. So I never bought one, and now I never will. Goodbye, Saturn Sky and all the other Saturn models I never would have bought. I was pulling for you.
2. Does it make sense to feel a pang of loss when learning that a Sim has passed away? It may be strange, but that’s what I felt.
3. Steven Erikson is the greatest living fantasy writer. Bar none. George R. R. Martin may have once had a shot at the title, but he stopped writing 5 years ago.
4. That said, when Game of Thrones is on HBO, I will pay for the channel.
5. Life is short. Stuff a mushroom.