Five Things for Tuesday, 10/6
1. I don’t believe in the Broncos. Well, I believe they exist, unlike god, but I don’t believe they are very good. I firmly believe that the Patriots will shred them apart this weekend. The Josh McDaniels Offense is a joke – neither Brandon Marshall nor Eddie Royal can get involved in their games. I also think the Bengals are paper tigers (ba-dum-bum).
2. I wonder if in 2 weeks we are talking about the Titans as the Best 0-6 Team of All Time. After a while, the “they’re actually quite good but keep losing” thing stops working.
3. A lot of people talked about the Lions being the worst team in the league, but I think that’s an insult to Kansas City and Cleveland. They are finally great at something and get no credit. I guess when you are great at sucking ass on the football field, you never get the proper respect.
4. That said, the Redskins have at least a 50% chance of losing to the Chiefs in a couple weeks.
5. The Jake Delhomme Turnaround in Week 5 against the Skins is as inevitable as it is nauseating to contemplate. Steve Smith (the other one), 8 catchs, 118 yards, 2 TDs. Panthers 24, Skins 13.