Five Things for Thursday, 10/8
1. I have an awesome wife, whose depth of caring and empathy for people and animals surprises me and warms my heart every day. She is so full of love and giving that it can sometimes hurt her, especially when she sees or thinks about the abuse that people can wreak on each other and defenseless animals. She makes my heart swell with love when I hear about her stopping her car and helping turtles cross the road on the way to work, or checking on dogs that she passes regularly. She does all of these things because she can’t ignore them, and I am proud and full of love for her because of it. She humbles me, and I feel a little bad that I don’t have the same empathy for my fellow man that she does (I love animals, but people – bleh). But I figure if I can give her enough love and support to help her love and support the rest of the world, then it’s a job well done.
2. Unless I change my mind, I am going to continue to write the zombie story during National Novel Writing Month. I feel like I’m cheating a bit, starting with something that already exists, so I will set my mark on 50,000 new words to the novel during November. If I don’t finish it, my wife’s wonderful empathy may desert her as she wrings my neck. Actually, I want to finish it for my own sake, but it’s funnier the other way.
3. I have not changed my opinion on the Panthers-Skins game. Now, however, I believe that the Panthers will rush for over 200 yards as well as dominate the aerial game.
4. It was incredibly hard to work out today. I actually cut it short after 4 exercises (push-ups, tricep pulldowns, incline dumbell press, and kickbacks) since I was beat. I did manage to up the pushups to 190, which was good, but I ran out of energy because I didn’t have a mid-morning meal. I didn’t feel hungry, but it was stupid to skip the shake. I’ll beat myself up tomorrow in compensation.
5. The weekend inches closer. Thank goodness.