Five Things or So for Thursday, 11/12
1. I’ve written 20,000 words of my novel in 12 days. I feel very good about that milestone and the story in general. How I feel about it when time and perspective are applied, I don’t know, but I hope I’ll still like it. I think I will. The zombies are about to make their first appearance, and I’m excited and nervous. I’ve enjoyed writing a fantasy novel so far, and I hope I like writing zombie novels too.
2. I so love seeing what Google searches lead to my site. Today it was “self centered mother-in-law” and someone was led to my Mother-In-Law post. Sheer awesomeness? Sheer awesomeness.
3. The Redskins play Denver. Take the Broncos and give the points, since the ‘Skins can’t score any. I do wonder, though, if Ladell Betts will be able to outperform Clinton Portis’ showing so far this season. I think the ‘Skins will be feisty, but their line will, of course, prevent them from doing anything else, like winning.
4. Vacation is a week away. I can make it. Barely.
5. I got handed a new project today. My old projects aren’t finished, but whatever. I have plenty of time to file a mandatory survey of foreign transactions before December 1st, when it’s due. I have 3 weeks, after all, and will be on vacation for 10 of the days. Whatever.
5.2. Did I say I needed a vacation? I do. Desperately.