Short Five for Wednesday, Jan 20
1. There are few things more joyous than remembering you brought a Raspberry Zinger to work and left it in your desk, but forgot to eat it at lunch, just before you go home. It’s like a reward for surviving yet another drab workday.
2. Pat’s Stuffed Steak Pizza is really almost too good, especially with extra cheese, fried onions, and sweet peppers. My wife had to get up in the middle of the night for Pepto, but I doubt she regrets it.
3. Our health care system is such a gigantic pain in the ass that it’s a wonder that anyone besides the people making a shitload of money from it would bother to defend it.
4. I honestly think the people trying to dump more work onto me think they are doing me a favor.
5. One other thing I miss about the run-up to Christmas: pulling into the driveway at home and seeing a package on your front porch. Is it for me? Is it a present I bought? WHAT WONDERS LIE WITHIN?! Seriously, I’d settle for another shitty box of oranges from my mother-in-law.